- 4 cups flour, extra for rolling
- 1 cup salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare your inedible dough. Mix 4 cups flour, 1 cup salt and 1 1/2 cups water until well blended. Knead it in the bowl for 10 to 15 minutes until the dough reaches a workable consistency.
- Roll the dough out to 1/3 of an inch thick on a lightly-floured work surface. Place your child's hand on the dough and use a butter knife or a plastic knife to cut out the shape of your child's hand print. Poke a small hole through the top of the cut out handprint so that you can string it later.
- Bake the handprints for 20 to 30 minutes in your preheated oven. When done, remove them from the oven and allow them to coo.
- Decorate your ornaments. Use paints, glitter or sequins to give your ornaments their own personal style. Spray a coat of clear polyurethane on your ornaments to preserve them and keep them looking great year after year.
- Use ribbon, yarn, twine or hemp to string your ornaments.